Swanzey applied information from the Wildlife Action Plan and its maps to take the following actions toward protecting critical habitats in town:
- Updated priority conservation areas identified in their existing Open Space Plan and documented their important wildlife habitat features.
- Identified important water resources and combined this data with the wildlife habitats data to show important areas to protect and the connections between them.
- Considered how information in the Wildlife Action Plan might influence town land use policies, such as zoning.
- Held a series of 10-minute slide presentations on wildlife and water resources priorities at town board meetings over a period of several months.
- Incorporated wildlife information into ongoing public outreach about Swanzey’s natural resources and rural character.